Travel Documents

Travel continues to become more and more complicated, and even more so when traveling with pets. But your pets are part of your family, and you shouldn’t have to leave them behind. Fortunately, Newtown Vet maintains the certification level required to authorize both domestic and international health certificates, so with adequate planning and preparation, your pets can go wherever you may go.

Traveling with your pet requires a lot of forethought and planning. It may also require a significant amount of medical tests, paperwork, vaccinations, and evaluations from your veterinarian. All domestic and international pet travel must adhere to the rules and regulations set by the United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services (USDA APHIS) as well as those of the countries you may be moving to or visiting. Some countries require that you start planning more than six months in advance if you are thinking about traveling with your pet, so it is never too soon to begin the process. You can find further information here.

Before scheduling your international health certificate appointment, please research what the requirements are for the countries you’ll be visiting. Domestic travel within the US will also require a heath certificate completed by the examining veterinarian.
We ask that you bring any necessary documents or information with you for your appointment.

Depending on where you are going, the certification process can be quite long. We recommend scheduling your appointment as far in advance of your scheduled travel as possible.