Two Important Updates today:
Support for Ukraine
As we reach the two year mark in the War on COVID, we are all faced with a new war that needs our support. We urge everyone to do what they can to care for the displaced Ukrainian people and their pets. There are many organizations trying to help the refugees (be careful for scammers). If you need an idea of where to donate we offer a few suggestions:
- World Central Kitchen – founded by Spanish chef Jose Andres, this organization is providing round the clock meals to refugees at many pedestrian crossings https://wck.org/
- International Fund Animal Welfare (IFAW) – is providing food & supplies to animals being relocated with their families https://ifaw.org
From March 14th thru March 31st, Newtown Vet will be holding a 50/50 raffle to raise money for the charities above. Every appointment, surgery or medication/food pick up will have the opportunity to donate a dollar (or more). On April 1st we will pick one raffle winner who will receive half of the funds collected. The other half will be donated to the Ukrainian charities. Newtown Vet will match the Ukrainian donation up to $1000. It’s a small step to show our support and hope we can count on you!
The need for Newtown Vet COVID protocols has not gone away but we are pleased to announce a big step forward in client contact:
- Please, everyone who comes into Newtown Vet Hospital must wear a mask and keep it on at all times
- We will continue to offer curbside and in person doctor appointments and surgery drop offs. One client can attend appointments in person.
- Clients can now come in to pick up pre-ordered food and medication. No need to call from the car when you arrive.
We are all as anxious as you are to get closer to our “new normal”. We appreciate your understanding as we make gradual steps to make that happen.
The Doctors and Staff
Newtown Vet Hospital